Friday, September 16, 2011

NEW MUSIC : Mr.Nice Watch -- J. COLE Feat. JAY-Z

Although many were skeptical on whether or not Jay -Z would ever do a collab with his signee J.Cole, he finally came through and dished out a verse for 'Mr. Nice Watch' .

When speaking on the track J. Cole said :

I knew Jay was gonna be on [that song]. I knew he was going to do that. I knew as soon as we made it [like] ‘Watch Jay get on this. He was in L.A. and I got [there] that day around the VMAs or whatever. He actually pushed back the mastering, we went to mastering with no Jay-Z verse. I was like ‘oh okay cool, I guess he can’t do it.
They were mastering the last song, and this is such a Jay-Z move, he called in and stopped the mastering and pushed it back like a week. Only he can do that.
Everything worked out, I’m a true believer that everything happens for a reason.

The wait was very appreciated, in my opinion this verse channels classic Jay- Z ! I know things change, times change, music changes and rappers must adjust, but to me it's always nice to pay homage to where you have came from once in a while.

Feel free to judge the track for yourself  (Listen Below) :

COLE WORLD : A SIDELINE STORY (9/27/11) !



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?