Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tami Covers Rolling Out Magazine

*Disclaimer: None of the photos in this Blog Post belong to i.am.aMAYzing. They are all courtesy of ROLLING OUT Magazine*
Reality television personality Tami Roman looks beautiful on the cover of this weeks issue of Rolling Out Magazine. In an article inside of the magazine Roman talks about why she joined the cast of Basketball Wives, how the show portrays her and how she would like to use this experience to influence others. (See snippets of the Interview below)

We have to get this question out of the way. Why did you join “Basketball Wives?”

Well, I watched the first season of “Basketball Wives” and just felt like the things that I was going through weren’t really represented on the show. I had been a basketball wife, and now that I was divorced, things weren’t as golden as they portrayed on the show. I wasn’t eating out and getting manicures every day … and I wasn’t drinking all night, every night. That wasn’t my world, so for me, I felt like my individual story would be valuable.

Do you feel like the producers have done a good job portraying you?

I think that the producers have done a fantastic job of blowing out of proportion one aspect of my personality. Now I’m not going to say that it’s the editing, and I’m not going to try and blame it on anything else, because Tami will go off on you [laughs] … that is a part of my personality. Whether you like it or not, I’m going to tell you the truth because I feel like everybody should be able to deal with the truth. That way, you can know what you’re dealing with. I’ve always been a big fan of that, of honesty and loyalty. So while what you see on TV is a part of my personality, it’s not all of who I am. I think that the audience who watches “Basketball Wives” is only seeing that aspect of my personality 100 percent magnified. They don’t see me working with my charity, and they didn’t see me when I was a part of corporate America going to work in a business suit every day. And they don’t see me with my mother, or me with my dude. There’s so much about me that you don’t see because that’s not what “Basketball Wives” wants to show.

So how would you use your rediscovered platform to reach, influence and positively impact the
world?

Well honestly, I’d love to be doing panels, expos, and things of that nature so I can speak directly to younger girls. I feel like wisdom is the best teacher, and I have been through a lot. That’s why I’m so hopeful that my book will actually come out, because I think people will be like “well damn, you’re still here, and you’re still standing and still fighting.” So I want to be able to use “Basketball Wives” and dilute the imagery that is seen on that show by doing panels, and doing expos so people can see the other side of me. Because I’m not always yelling, and I’m not always fighting … I’m just not always that person, so I would love to be able to mentor youth and give back. That’s the impact that I want to make on society.

 To see the rest of the Interview go to Rolling Out 

The Basketball Wives Season 3 Reunion is set to air in two parts: Part One airs on Monday, August 15, 2011 at 8 p.m. ET/PT and part two airs on Monday, August 22, 2011 8 p.m. ET/PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?