Friday, July 29, 2011

Basketball Wives Gone Hood: Tami Roman and Meeka Claxton

 
Unless you've been in a coma for the past year or so, I know that you've heard of VH1's hit reality show, Basketball Wives, which is produced by Shaunie O'Neal. Those of you that are fans of the show know that it has its share of drama.

In its 3rd Season, the show seems to have taken "drama" to a new level. This season, every show has involved some amount of tension between its stars. This past Monday the feud between ex-basketball wife Tami Roman and current basketball wife Meeka Claxton resulted in an all out face-hitting, hair-pulling cat- fight.       

Richmond radio personality TT Torrez caught up with Roman and she gave her side of the story about the fight. Tami also dished out how she felt about Susie, the "rumored" lawsuit that Meeka has against her and other things about her life and the show
                 
           Some of the Interview :
On the fight with Meeka
Listen, I tried not to talk about her unlike her who has made me her entire existence but because I’m talking to you I’m going to tell you the real. This person came onto the show, never really letting us see who she really was, was very fake, was very back and forth and basically lied a lot. Now I’m giving you an opportunity in my face to tell the truth and you still going lie to my face. So to what happened in this discussion, all I see, which I’ve asked her not to do, was her getting ready to get up with her hand [don’t put your hand up] because I don’t know what you’re going to do. I don’t know if you’re going to swing at me. So, I basically…I have a defense mechanism that’s always been apart of who I am and when I saw that hand I snapped because I don’t know what you’re going to do and I need to defend myself and that’s what you guys saw last night.
What was going through you’re head because you looked visibly angry before you guys started talking
I was upset because I basically approached Susie and Evelyn like “We’re all over here in Italy together. She’s trying to have a good time; I don’t want it to seem like we’re always arguing, I’m just going to be cool with her until we get back.” Tolerate the situation until we get back to the states and as I said that she apparently had a conversation with Susie where she basically talked about me like a dog, had so much to say about me and still yet again not saying those things to my face. So I was angry, I was definitely angry, I’m not going to lie about that. Then she lied and said some things that I supposedly said that I didn’t say. When you guys watch the reunion all of that will come out. I can’t stand a liar, I really can’t. I don’t live my life like that and anybody who knows me personally knows that. Whether it’s good or bad I’m going to tell you the truth and take the repercussions of whatever that truth entails. So for her to look in my face and still continue her lies because that’s how desperate and thirsty she is to be down with Evelyn and them, I just couldn’t take it.
Do you think that Susie played a very intricate part in keeping the drama going?
I have to tell you in all honesty, Susie is stuck between a rock and a hard place. In the sense that in the way our show works is if you decide that some where along the line “I don’t wanna film with her, I don’t like her” you can do that but now we have cast members that aren’t getting any film time, any tape time because nobody wants to film with them. So Susie is caught between a rock and a hard place. For instance, this season Royce was unable to film with Shaunie, Evelyn or Jennifer because they decided they didn’t want to film with her. So who can Royce film with now? Me or Susie. I don’t have a problem with Shaunie, Jennifer and Evelyn and I’m not the type of personality that whatever they tell me I’m going to take it back to Royce. Just as whatever Royce tells me I’m not going to take it back to them, so I’m no good.
But Susie is the one doing it. It’s like she has diarrhea of the mouth.
Exactly, but Susie isn’t strong enough…like her personality is the type of personality if you tell her something she can’t hold water. So they know if they put Susie with Evelyn, Jen and Shaunie and they happen to say something and then they put Susie in scene with Royce, eventually something that was said in that other conversation is going to come out. So they’re playing her but I don’t think she’s aware of it.
Is Meeka suing you for punching her in the face?
As far as I know it is true. At the reunion she said that she had a lawsuit pending against me. I have to tell you honestly I have moved to California so I was never served any documents. I didn’t even know there was a lawsuit until my publicist called me and said there was something on Media Takeout. So I was unaware but at the reunion she did make a comment that she has a pending lawsuit and that she couldn’t speak on it. So, I guess it’s true.
Do you feel like Jennifer was wrong for voicing her opinions about Chad?
When I listened to the tape I didn’t hear anything wrong, me personally. For Evelyn and coming from her standpoint because I’m trying to get into this place where I see everybody’s side, that’s suppose to be her best friend. They’ve been dating for well over a year, they’re actually engaged, they’ve been engaged for well over a year and had this been the first couple of months that they were together, yes she understands how she could’ve said that because everybody was saying that. But now a year in and you’ve actually seen their history, seen how they are together, seen them with their kids, you know that’s not the case. She felt like if people are going to look for something on her and on Chad relationship that they’re going to go to Jennifer because Jennifer is the closes person to Evelyn and she felt like Jennifer should’ve had her back more then what that interview showed. So that was her side, it’s kind of two-fold.
Will “Basketball Wives” come back for a fourth season?
We were actually told yesterday we do have a season four, so there will be another season of “Basketball Wives” so everybody can get their fix. If I’m participating, it will definitely be because Meeka is not participating. I think that’s a decision that VH1 has to weigh and see what person is more valuable to them with regard to the franchise because I can’t work with someone who is suing me. VH1 has to make a decision.


TT Torrez also spoke with Meeka. Meeka referred to Tami as a "bully" and "unstable" and she stated that Tami came into the situation with intentions to fight her. Meeka confirmed that she was, in fact, suing Roman.
Interview Below:



If you missed the Fight WATCH IT BELOW :

Was that worth a lawsuit though?
                                             
                                               Photo Courtesy of VH1. This photo does not belong to i.am.aMAYzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?